Donate Now

Headway is committed to providing emotional and mental health services for everyone who needs them, regardless of life situation.

Your gift of any size helps us offer a sliding scale payment option for our underinsured or uninsured clients. 

Together, we make the difference in the lives of thousands of children and countless families!

Click here to donate!


“I have been living with mental illnesses since I was 13... hospitalized more than 10 times since I was 19. After being in therapy for the last six months, I feel more stable than I have in my whole life... I love what they have done for me.” 

- Headway Client

Case Management

What is Case Management?
Our highly qualified Case Management staff provide guidance and support for overburdened families whose children are at risk of neglect or abuse; and families with multiple risk factors such as domestic violence, housing instability or difficulty parenting. Our case managers help families find and access the resources they need such as medical, educational and social services or employment and housing facilitators.

We work to help children with severe and long-term mental health needs and their families access and receive health, social, school, educational, employment, and other necessary services.

Case managers also organize a wraparound team, and monitor the effectiveness of services as children grow and change. Meetings with a case manager may happen at home, in school, or in community programs.

How Often do Families See Case Managers?
A face-to-face meeting with the child and/or child’s parent or guardian is required at least once every month. It may be necessary and beneficial to meet more frequently, based on the level of need. Meetings can take place in the child’s home, school or in the community.

Who is Eligible? 

  • Children and youth up to age 18 (up to 21, if youth continues to attend school)
  • Residents of Hennepin County
  • Those with qualifying mental health diagnosis and significantly impaired home, school, or community functioning that has lasted, or is at risk of lasting at least one year, as assessed by a mental health professional.
  • In most cases, a child’s guardian must give consent, but children ages 16 and over may request services without consent if they meet certain criteria.

How Does the Intake Process Work?
Referrals can be made by parents or guardians, a mental health professional or the child’s school. For intake information or referral, contact Headway and ask for the Case Management Coordinator at 612-861-1675.

What is the Cost?
Case Management Services are provided at no cost to families regardless of income. Services are covered by Hennepin County funding or insurance, with no co-pays or any other fees.

Meet our Case Management team

Powered by: Avallo Panel